Thursday 17 November 2016

OUGD601 Tutorial 3

In this tutorial, Simon gave me feedback on the first draft of the first chapter of my essay. He suggested that I should have around 2,000 words written by this point in the previous tutorial, however as I hadn't written for a year or so I decided to write 1,500 words, as I wanted to make sure that I was writing, quoting and citing the essay correctly. I also wanted to make sure that I was writing enough about each section of the first chapter (see essay plan).

Simon said that I had made a good start on the essay and that I need to carry on and really push myself so that I will finish the essay in time. He also gave me some book suggestions and journals to look into which are below:


Judith Butler - Gender Trouble
John MacInnis - The End of Masculinity
Yvonne Tasker

I found this tutorial really helpful as I got the confirmation that I was doing everything correctly and can therefore carry on with the essay knowing that I won't be going too far wrong. I am also going to look into the books and theorists above and try to triangulate some points that each of them make. 





No comments:

Post a Comment