Tuesday 27 December 2016

OUGD601 Practical Idea Concept Change

Having reflected upon the practical work done so far, and completing more of the written work, I no longer think that the concept of my practical work is relevant enough to synthesise between both elements enough. For this reason, I am going to change the concept of my practical work.

Having already had a good think about this over Christmas, I think the best way to synthesise both the practical and written element is to create a publication about how to avoid creating sexist advertisements. This idea isn't so far from the previous idea, however I think it makes more sense as it will give clear instructions on how to design adverts that aren't sexist and are gender neutral, but will also outline what defines an advertisement as sexist - something that I have looked into in great detail in my written work, such as the use of cropping and objectification.

No comments:

Post a Comment